Are you committing mistakes on your pet!
You will be amazed to know that it is not only the new pet owners committing these mistakes, its also the long time and seasoned pet owners who make health mistakes. The seasoned pet owners are so blinded following their mistakes that they don’t take the advice of their veterinarian. When something goes wrong they blame their vet and forgetting their own committed mistakes.
These are some of the common health mistakes committed by pet parents.
1. Wrong food and quantity
Most often pet owners feed adult food to puppies and either in less than required quantity and frequency or overfeeding them. When puppies are fed adult feed they cannot digest it and they suffer from vomiting or diarrhoea and if they are fed in lesser quantity or frequency then their appetite become depraved and they start eating soils and dirty materials.
2. Feeding vegetarian food to dogs.
Vegetarianism and vegans are increasing day by day. Accordinmg to a study numbers of vegans rose by 360 percent in 10 years. Vegetarian people start feeding vegetarian food to their dogs. They have the feeling that if they start feeding vegetarian food to their dogs at an early stage their dog will become a vegetarian. Ignoring the fact that dog is a carnivorous animal and not omnivorous like us human and they certainly are not herbivorous. Feeding vegan food to pets can have many problems such as taurine deficiency.
3. Feeding sweets, chocolates and table scraps to dogs
Kind of mistakes is usually made to miniature breeds – who most of the time sitting on children’s lap eat whatever the children eat. Pug owners are generally forced to feed their pets homemade oily and spicy food because of the begging attitude of the pugs.This prohibited food on later stages causes kidney failure, haemorrhagic gastroenteritis (confused with parvoviral enteritis by the vets) and food poisoning. This is the most common cause of death among puppies in household condition.
4. Vaccination and de-worming
Inaccurate vaccination is the next common health mistake. Vaccination during the first year is expensive. Pet owners sometimes skip one or two life-saving vaccines to save money. Sometimes pet owners vaccinate their pet during the early years but when pets get older the owners forget to get their pet’s vaccination date. Consequently, the pet gets sick with some life-threatening disease and dies at an early age. Likewise, pet owners forget their pet’s de-worming.
5. Ignoring signs of illness
Dogs and cats hide their signs of illness. This is their wild nature. They show signs of illness when they are severely sick or cannot hide their illnesses anymore. Sometimes pet owners mistake these signs of illness as early signs of illness and when they take note of their pet’s sign of illness it becomes too late for any cure.
- Is your dog’s nose bleeding ! - October 14, 2017
- Keep your dog calm in Diwali - October 11, 2017
- Labrador Puppy Ranchi - October 11, 2017
- Zamp line German Shepherd Puppy at Patna - October 10, 2017
- पालतू बिल्लियों के देखभाल कैसे करें - October 10, 2017
- High quality Labrador and German Shepherd Pups available - October 9, 2017
- Dog breeder Ranchi- Kumar Dhiraj - October 9, 2017
- Top gun in our clinic - October 9, 2017
- Your German Shepherd or Labrador cannot climb stairs! - October 8, 2017
- Top 5 common health mistakes by pet owners! - October 6, 2017