Pug is one of the popular breed of dog in India and all over the world. it has its own set of problems. being a brachycephalic( a short and wide head) dog with bulging eyes, every now and then it gets hurt in eyes. its numerous fold in the mouth is also a problem. Here are some unique problems from which brachycephalic breeds such as pugs suffer.
1.Brachycephalic airway syndrome –
The first sign is seen as troubled breathing, which sometimes is relieved by open mouth breathing. This can be due to obstruction in nares or in the larynx. Sometimes this happens just because the external nares or outer nose becomes too narrow to breathe.
Treatment- This condition is treated by giving oxygen therapy or nebulization. If the cause is narrow nares this condition is surgically treated.
2. Exercise intolerance leading to obesity
- Is your dog’s nose bleeding ! - October 14, 2017
- Keep your dog calm in Diwali - October 11, 2017
- Labrador Puppy Ranchi - October 11, 2017
- Zamp line German Shepherd Puppy at Patna - October 10, 2017
- पालतू बिल्लियों के देखभाल कैसे करें - October 10, 2017
- High quality Labrador and German Shepherd Pups available - October 9, 2017
- Dog breeder Ranchi- Kumar Dhiraj - October 9, 2017
- Top gun in our clinic - October 9, 2017
- Your German Shepherd or Labrador cannot climb stairs! - October 8, 2017
- Top 5 common health mistakes by pet owners! - October 6, 2017