There is no doubt that living with pets benefits us. Scientist all over the world has tried to quantified the benefit through their research. In this article, we have tried to show some notable benefit of keeping pets.
More years to live
Some scientist at the University of Pennsylvania it was found that pet owners who had been hospitalized for heart diseases, including heart attacks, showed significant survival rate a year later than a control group without a pet. The presence of a pet in the family is a stronger predictor of survival than having a spouse or family support. That’s irony, isn’t it!!
Pets can help bereaved people who spouse have diet, they are less prone to go to depression. less prone to a feeling of isolation and despair. They had better general health and require less medication.
High Self Esteem
Research by James Serpell at Cambridge University showed that people who recently acquired dog developed a greater sense of security and self-esteem. Their general health improved partly because of the increased amount of exercise they took in walking the dog. They suffered less from minor ailments such as cold, flu or a headache.
Immunity against diseases
Pets boost human immune system as well. In a study in year 2004 Charnetski et al. reported a significant increase in salivary immunoglobulin A (IgA), an indicator of good immune system functioning, in college students after stroking a live dog in comparison to stroking a stuffed dog or sitting quietly for 18 min.
Here are some Videos
- Is your dog’s nose bleeding ! - October 14, 2017
- Keep your dog calm in Diwali - October 11, 2017
- Labrador Puppy Ranchi - October 11, 2017
- Zamp line German Shepherd Puppy at Patna - October 10, 2017
- पालतू बिल्लियों के देखभाल कैसे करें - October 10, 2017
- High quality Labrador and German Shepherd Pups available - October 9, 2017
- Dog breeder Ranchi- Kumar Dhiraj - October 9, 2017
- Top gun in our clinic - October 9, 2017
- Your German Shepherd or Labrador cannot climb stairs! - October 8, 2017
- Top 5 common health mistakes by pet owners! - October 6, 2017