There is no doubt that living with pets benefits us. Scientist all over the world has tried to quantified the benefit through their research. In this article, we have tried to show some notable benefit of keeping pets.
More years to live
Some scientist at the University of Pennsylvania it was found that pet owners who had been hospitalized for heart diseases, including heart attacks, showed significant survival rate a year later than a control group without a pet. The presence of a pet in the family is a stronger predictor of survival than having a spouse or family support. That’s irony, isn’t it!!
Pets can help bereaved people who spouse have diet, they are less prone to go to depression. less prone to a feeling of isolation and despair. They had better general health and require less medication.
High Self Esteem
Research by James Serpell at Cambridge University showed that people who recently acquired dog developed a greater sense of security and self-esteem. Their general health improved partly because of the increased amount of exercise they took in walking the dog. They suffered less from minor ailments such as cold, flu or a headache. .
Immunity against diseases
Pets boost human immune system as well. In a study in year 2004 Charnetski et al. reported a significant increase in salivary immunoglobulin A (IgA), an indicator of good immune system functioning, in college students after stroking a live dog in comparison to stroking a stuffed dog or sitting quietly for 18 min.
Research shows that serotonin level increases when any dog owner pat or caress her own dog. Serotonin is a very important hormone for relieving depression. Additionally, serotonin cures a person suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Therefore, benefits of having a pets are many. This is why dogs and other pets are living with us since origin of humanity.
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018