The popularity of Pugs
Pugs have joined the top ten most popular dog breed worldwide. not only in India, in America also Pugs are popular. They are almost everywhere. Telecom companies such as Vodafone have used them as their brand ambassador, saying their network go everywhere the pug goes.
In movies – Men in Black had an extraterrestrial pug- Frank. Pugs have invaded us.
All this have made pug a very popular breed. Now every dog lover wants a pug.
This popular breed has its own uniqueness. It has got its own weaknesses and strength.
Read these facts to know what to expect
Here are some facts that differentiate out a pug from all other dog breeds:
Pugs eat food all through their waking period. Their begging habit is not their nature, it is their compulsion. They are more prone to have low blood sugar. They feel the bouts of hunger too quick. soon after they are fed they are hungry. This is because of their short intestine. These frequent bouts of hunger and the occasional bite of human food make them obese and slow.
Pugs are prone to dental problems. They suffer from dental caries and periodontal diseases. Their mouth cavity is crowded with too many teeth.
They may suffer from hind limb weakness more than larger breeds.
When pregnant they are more likely to go under surgeons knife- Caesarian section. The babies head are bigger, so they may not come out on their own.
Pug suffering from loose motion require immediate veterinary care because they soon become dehydrated. Dehydration is more severe in pugs.
You may have heard”Pugs are stubborn”. That’s right, They ARE stubborn.
Pugs may pee on your sofa or bed because their bladder size is small.
Their eyes protrude forward, so it is most likely to get hurt in their eyes.
Pugs suffer from bronchospasm as other small breeds, so extra care is needed in cold windy weather.
Snore too much.
Pugs do not go well in hot and humid climate. They are more prone to get heatstroke.
Last but not least Pugs are very easy to keep. In fact, barring the facts mentioned above they take care of their own.
Finally, i would say pugs eat the variety of food, you may keep them on home food. barring salt and sugar of course.
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018