The Nazca Lines, mysterious geoglyphs that span a vast swath of the rugged Peruvian desert, remain a mystery.
No one has proof as to who built them and what their function was.
Since their discovery, they have inspired fantastic explanations from ancient gods, a landing strip for returning aliens, a celestial calendar created by the ancient Nazca civilization — putting the creation of the lines between 200 BC and 600 AD, used for rituals probably related to astronomy, to confirm the ayllus or clans who made up the population and to determine through ritual their economic functions held up by reciprocity and redistribution, or a map of underground water supplies.
Many researchers have different views about Nazca lines.
The Nazca Lines are geoglyphs—aka drawings on the ground—spread across 168 square miles of the Nazca Desert in Peru and consisting of 13,000 lines.
The drawings include depictions of a spider, hummingbird, lizard, monkey, pelican and various other creatures, as well as geometric patterns and straight lines stretching for miles. Carbon dating has estimated that they are at least 1,500 years old.
What do they mean? Scientists and archaeologists are still trying to work this out. Many believe that the ancient Nazca Indians created them to be seen by their gods from the sky, perhaps as some kind of worship or message.
The skull found in this region – a 5000-year-old resembles more of an alien(?)
Others have looked for astronomical connections. To this day, nobody knows what the lines really mean or what their purpose was.
Geoglyphs in Kazakhstan
More than 50 giant geoglyphs formed with earthen mounds and timber found stretched across the landscape in northern Kazakhstan. They are designed in a variety of geometric shapes, including crosses, squares, rings, and even a swastika, an ancient symbol that has been in use for at least 12,000 years. These Geoglyphs are meaningful, but it is unclear how they were built.
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018