Best Dog food
Every dog food company on earth claim that their food is best. Therefore a natural question how to know which dog food company is best for my dog.
Here is some clue to get that answer.
AAFCO is a voluntary organization, which is comprised largely of regulatory officials who have responsibility for enforcing their state’s laws and regulations concerning the safety of animal feeds.
This should fall under the auspices of the FDA but according to the FDA “AAFCO is vital to the continued regulation of pet food products because FDA has limited enforcement resources that are focused on human food safety issues.”
AAFCO advisors and committee members include representatives from major feed manufacturers and ingredient suppliers such as Nestle Purina, Hills Pet Nutrition, Nutro Products and Cargill Animal Nutrition. Indian food companies such as Venky’s and Drools also claims AAFCO standard.
2. By looking at your dog stools
Your dog stools should be firm. Sometimes feed do cause loose stool. While there are a number of things that could be the source of your pup’s poop issues. When your dog cannot properly digest their food, their stool can be affected, so you should try out the best dog food for dogs with loose stools.
The best dog food is one that is grain-free and without any extra ingredients or preservatives. Sometimes, soft stools are actually a slight allergic reaction.
Ingredients are listed by weight, so you want to see a lot of top quality animal protein at the top of the list.
Cats and dogs are carnivores – they thrive on a diet based on meat. They have no evolved need for carbohydrates.
sometimes pet food company fool pet owners as having pumpkin and another type of carbohydrate. why do they do it? Grains (carbs) are added to pet food because
1) they’re cheaper than meat, and
2) they hold the kibbled bits together. They aren’t added for the sake of proper nutrition for your meat-eating pet.
Other ingredients should be vegetables (avoid corn, wheat or beep pulp) and unless the formula is grain-free, a whole grain source like brown rice.
4. Packet should clearly mention which animal protein
The source and quality of protein in the formula is crucially important for your pet’s health. Look for whole food sources at the very top of the ingredient list like ‘beef,’ ‘turkey,’ ‘lamb’ or ‘chicken’ — one-word descriptions.
Meat and fat ingredients should be identified by species (turkey, lamb, beef, fish, etc.). Avoid any formula that uses unidentified sources, described non-specifically as ‘meat,’ ‘animal’ or ‘poultry.’
5. Carcinogenic preservatives
Avoid pet foods containing artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners and preservatives, especially those known to be carcinogens. In dog food, these usually go by the names BHT, BHA, ethoxyquin and propyl gallate.
Finally one advice. Always read the label of dog food
- Rabies vaccination makes a dog ferocious!!! - January 13, 2018
- Divyansh kennel, Ranchi- Almost all dogs available - January 5, 2018
- Almost all dogs are available in Divyansh kennel, Ranchi !!! - January 4, 2018
- Now Exercise your puppy at home!!! Buy an Exercise Pen - January 3, 2018
- Your Dog farts! Serve food in Slow bowl - January 3, 2018
- Want to prevent unwanted pregnancy in bitches!! - December 31, 2017
- Our client Anushka Moitra - December 17, 2017
- German Shepherd Puppy for paid adoption at Rs 15000 - December 15, 2017
- Rottweiler puppy at rs 11000 - December 3, 2017
- Dog suffered from multiple organ failure just because of wrong feeding - December 2, 2017