Weaning your puppy to solid food.
This is not an overnight process not you should try to do it fast. Start from 4 to 6 weeks of age. Try to introduce some good quality starter food available commercially. First try giving the starter food mixed in milk replacer, then slowly reduce the quantity of milk replacer over two weeks time and increase the quantity of starter food.
Some starter food
How often to feed Puppies should be fed four to five times a day, so if you are feeding half cup twice daily , better divide it into one fourth cup four times a day.
Smaller and frequent meals are easier to digest for the puppy. after about three months of age introduce meat in his diet. please remember it should be pure meat and not a mix of meat product and corn- as a very famous dog food company has in its commercial packet food. So it is better to introduce home cooked chicken in your growing puppy’s diet. after about seven to eight months your pup enter into adulthood, reduce the frequency of meals to two times a day. Switch to adult diet slowly. [vuukle] Worthy reading this
Please include attribution to Positive Health Wellness with this graphic.
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018