Professional dog organisations such racing dogs, police dog or sniffer dogs are fed raw diets all over the world. Yet raw feeding is not in vogue in house dogs. When it comes to feeding dogs veterinarian as well as pet owners care for two things
A dogs diet should be complete and balanced. Complete means diet should have all the 36 essential nutrients. Raw diets are two types
1. Homemade raw diets
2.Commercial Raw diets
Homemade raw diet
Juliette de Bairacli Levy in her book “The complete herbal book for dogs and cats” have mentioned that a dog’s diet should have 75 percent raw diet. She says it is a superstition that raw diet contains bacteria. Then there are experts who say that feeding raw food is a terrible mistake. A common consensus is that 25 percent of dog’s diet should contain raw diet. It should be fresh and not refrigerated. Never give your dog cooked bones, as the bones become harder on cooking.
There are some diseases in which raw diet is preferred – Diabetes, Pancreatitis, Irritable bowel syndrome, Chronic Diarrhea. A common consensus is that 25 percent of dog’s diet should contain raw diet. It should be fresh and not refrigerated. Never give your dog cooked bones, as the bones become harder on cooking. It should be fresh and not refrigerated. Never give your dog cooked bones, as the bones become harder on cooking. Never give your dog cooked bones, as the bones become harder on cooking. Always cook the grains
Among vegetables, you can safely give raw carrots, parsley, beet, fresh corn,lettuce. some vegetables that are better served cooked are potatoes, Cauliflower, corn, green beans, peas and Broccoli Meat portion to be fed to dogs are chicken backs, wings and necks (or even whole carcasses), lamb necks, pork necks, turkey necks, ox tails, beef ribs, turkey tails.
2. Commercial raw food
There are lots of commercial dog foods available. Some examples are below
Please include attribution to Positive Health Wellness with this graphic.
you may like to read our other related article on food
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018