Today is the third day in a row I saw cases of nose bleeding in dogs in Pluto Pet Clinic. Almost all of the dogs I saw had the same history and also a reason. The dog parents have gone on holiday trips, they kept their dog in some dog boarding. There these poor dogs came in contact with other dogs suffering from tick infestation. along with tick, they got the disease Ehrlichiosis. now they are suffering.
Nose bleeding in dogs what causes it
There are many reasons for nose bleeding
- Certain drugs which reduce the clotting time, such as Aspirin. many other NSAIDS.
- Rat poison – eating a poisoned rat or eating Rat poison itself
- Any injury to nose
- Some grass awn lodged in his nose
- High blood pressure
- blood clotting problems
- dental diseases or some tumour
- Tick borne diseases
- Warm weather
What you can do
Don’t panic! our Dogs and cats catch our emotion and become double nervous. Their blood pressure rises and starts to bleed more profusely. Appy an ice pack on the bridge of your dog’s nose. Take the pet to your vet as soon as possible.
Treatment depends upon the problem your dog has got. Your vet will examine thoroughly in the direction of disease prevalent in that area. As for the place I practice, I find nose bleedings in dogs are mainly caused by tick-borne diseases such as Ehrlichiosis. In Australia, it might be a Lupus. In Greece, the cause might be Leishmanisis.
- Rabies vaccination makes a dog ferocious!!! - January 13, 2018
- Divyansh kennel, Ranchi- Almost all dogs available - January 5, 2018
- Almost all dogs are available in Divyansh kennel, Ranchi !!! - January 4, 2018
- Now Exercise your puppy at home!!! Buy an Exercise Pen - January 3, 2018
- Your Dog farts! Serve food in Slow bowl - January 3, 2018
- Want to prevent unwanted pregnancy in bitches!! - December 31, 2017
- Our client Anushka Moitra - December 17, 2017
- German Shepherd Puppy for paid adoption at Rs 15000 - December 15, 2017
- Rottweiler puppy at rs 11000 - December 3, 2017
- Dog suffered from multiple organ failure just because of wrong feeding - December 2, 2017