Dreadful Cushing’s disease among poodle and spitz is on rising. I searched over internet and saw that the cases are rising all over the world. In my town, I have seen this case more on cases of unvaccinated adults.
Therefore, It is important t to understand this disease.
What causes the Cushing’s disease
There is an increase in levels of cortisone in blood. Among many other causes, this is due to a tumour in the Pituitary gland.
Signs of Cushing’s disease-
- Increased thirst and urination. Urinary incontinence
- Increased panting
- hair loss
- Potbelly appearance despite low-calorie intake
- Irritability and restless(Biting tendency?)
- Thinning of skin, change in colour of skin
- Hind limb weakness
- Decrease in libido
- less sleep
- Increase in appetite- in 80% of cases
Cortisol-induced alkaline phosphatase test
Depends upon the cause, if it is due to hyperadrenocorticism then therapy is aimed at reducing the of cortisol in the blood. Ketoconazole, Trilostane or selegiline. Consult your veterinarian.
- Rabies vaccination makes a dog ferocious!!! - January 13, 2018
- Divyansh kennel, Ranchi- Almost all dogs available - January 5, 2018
- Almost all dogs are available in Divyansh kennel, Ranchi !!! - January 4, 2018
- Now Exercise your puppy at home!!! Buy an Exercise Pen - January 3, 2018
- Your Dog farts! Serve food in Slow bowl - January 3, 2018
- Want to prevent unwanted pregnancy in bitches!! - December 31, 2017
- Our client Anushka Moitra - December 17, 2017
- German Shepherd Puppy for paid adoption at Rs 15000 - December 15, 2017
- Rottweiler puppy at rs 11000 - December 3, 2017
- Dog suffered from multiple organ failure just because of wrong feeding - December 2, 2017