Yes! It is now a scientifically proven fact that keeping cats as pets lowers your risk of getting a heart attack. In fact it reduces the risk by 40 percent.
This was told by Dr Adnan Qureshi, M.D of Minnesota stroke Institute, Minneapolis. Actually he presented a research paper on studies he conducted. This paper was presented at at the American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference. His observations were decreased rate of heart attack among people having a cat. These people were suffering from myocardial infarction. His paper is available here.
How does it works!
Pet ownership is associated with reduction in stress levels.Since Stress is the number one factor in causing heart diseases. In another scientific study it is observed that pet ownership brings down blood pressure.
Dr Friedmann et al demonstrated that pet owners with medical heart condition have higher chance of survival after one year of follow up.
Now question comes why similar results is not seen in dog ownership!!
Dr Adnan says-
“For years, we have known that psychological stress and anxiety are related to cardiovascular events, particularly heart attacks. Maybe cat owners tend not to have high-stress personalities, or they are just the type of people who are not highly affected by anxiety or high-stress situations.”
but veterinarian are of some different view
“When you get home from work, dogs demand attention. You have to take them for a walk. Dogs need to be fed according to a routine, whereas cats can practically take care of themselves.”
Cat’s purr have health benefits especially in postmenopausal women and elderly. This can be seen in this video
Housecat’s purr has healing benefits for both cats themselves and humans. Cats purr produces sound intensity at 45 to 64 thousand hertz. The field of vibrational medicine makes use of this high frequency sound wave to quickly heal an organ or eliminate a bacteria/parasite/fungi.
Depending on the frequency, the ranges have been labelled as either delta, theta, gamma, beta or alpha. Often these ranges as discussed are- they affect the brain, brain waves and states of consciousness. The range of the house cat’s purr, from 25 to 50Hz, is in the range known as Gamma range.
Gamma is the brainwave state of being “in the Zone,” that feeling that you can do anything. It is associated with a feeling of increased calm, peace and happiness, compassion – a feeling of being one with creation.
So what are you waiting for!!! Get yourself a Cat
- Now a dog crate for all your doggie need - March 19, 2018
- Home treatment of mange in dogs - March 18, 2018
- Scooby Next- A pet shop in Ranchi for Generation Next - March 14, 2018
- Diet for dogs suffering from chronic digestive trouble – ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET® GASTROINTESTINAL™ !! - February 10, 2018
- German Shepherd and Boxer available at Divyansh kennel Ranchi - February 10, 2018
- Pomeranian female at Rs 4500 only - February 10, 2018
- Canine Creek puppy food – why it is so popular!!! - February 5, 2018
- Dog breeder Kumar Bikram - February 4, 2018
- Rottweiler pups available in Ranchi at a very cheap price - February 4, 2018
- Doberman male pup Rs 8500 – Vikram Kennel, Ranchi - February 4, 2018